3.23.2011

Step right up!

Who's ready to play your favorite game again? That's right, Internets, it's time to play On--or around--this date in 2008!

I can hardly believe that it's been three years since I remodeled my kitchen. It actually feels like it's been at least twice that long. But as archived history tells us, on this date in 2008, I was cleaning out my old refrigerator to make way for my brand new, shiny, "professional" one.

Well, Internets, after rereading that post, I thought it would be interesting to take a look in my fridge today and see what I found as far as marinara jars go. Would you believe that I only have one marinara jar in the fridge. Progress! Now I hesitate to bring up the large container of wilted spinach in the crisper and the half-dozen blackened bananas in the freezer, but I swear I'm going to make banana bread out of those bananas, and well, the spinach? It's beyond hope. But I take these all as good signs, perhaps I've learned to let go of the past and can take what nature gives me, hold onto it for awhile and make something fabulous out of it (my banana bread rocks! Thank you, Lettie, Sherian and the 4-H quick break competitions at the Douglas County Fair). And the spinach? Status unchanged: it's still beyond hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 years? really? that's crazy (yup, that's all i've got as far as comments go. wanted to throw you a bone since you're putting in all this effort)

Anonymous said...

weird. i'm cleaning out my fridge this weekend for the same purpose...

good thing i know someone who can lay tile... ;)

xo
AP