Joining me in this challenge are dedicated readers (ooh, double entendre): FCA and Reagan. I wasn't sure if others were joining, because this is your chance, you may want to do it. There are fabulous prizes for those that complete the challenge.
So here are the rules, okay, the rule: Ten books of your choosing, completed by 11:59 PM on September 21, 2009. Hey, that's the day before my birthday, so we can all rejoice in the fact that we'll be celebrating with the gift of literacy.
I'm going to add my list of books to the site, to keep me accountable. Additionally, I'll provide a post on each book as I finish it (think fifth grade book report). For those of you participating in the challenge, let us know what your reading and how the challenge is coming along.
Here's where my reading list stands (subject to change based upon the fact that some of these may be really long and if I procrastinate like I typically do, I may not be able to finish nine books in one week):
- Water, Stone, Heart--Will North
- Can't Wait to Get to Heaven--Fannie Flagg
- The Secret Life of Bees--Sue Monk Kidd
- The Color of Water--James McBride
- Daughter of Fortune--Isabel Allende
- The Other Boleyn Girl--Philippa Gregory
- The Glass Castle--Jeannette Walls
- Water for Elephants--Sara Gruen
- American Wife--Curtis Sittenfeld
- A Fine Balance--Rohinton Mistry
On your mark. Get set. Read!