3.07.2011

The elephant's mantra

Earlier tonight I had a little exchange with Mr. McMichael wherein I realized we broke up one year ago today (I pulled a total me move, and proved to him that today was indeed our the date, not because I'm a freaky counter, but because I'm a freaky rememberer). And that's true, I haven't been sitting around counting, even if Mr. McMichael likes to pretend I've been sitting around in a dark bleak room, mournfully scratching a hash mark into the wall, noting every sad sad day from the past year (did I get that right, Mr. M?); I'm just really good at remembering things (you haven't forgotten that have you, Mr. M?).


So, happy anniversary to Mr. M and me. On the surface, probably an unusual event to celebrate, but the relationship we had was definitely not usual. The relationship was healthy and good, the break-up was even healthier and gooder (?), and the friendship we have now, is the healthiest and goodest (??). What I'm trying to say is there is actually a lot to celebrate. Celebrating what we had when we were together, what we have as friends now, and what we'll be able to have with others in the future. And because of all that, I know I'm in a very good place. I recently coined a new saying for myself, a saying that I repeat at frequencies akin to bicep curls (three sets of ten repetitions), because maybe it's like a muscle and if I get really good at flexing it, I'll be strong enough to bend steel against its will, muwahahaha. Where was I? Right, mantra: Ready to find, ready to be found.


Now, Internets, I know I say this a lot around here, but I really am ready to find the relationship of my life. And, dude, if you're out there, I'm sooooo ready to be found. Olly olly oxen free! And just in case you were curious about the history of that phrase, here's a quick Wikipedia read--that's right, until dude hears my call and comes running to home base, I'm gonna get my nerd on.

1 comment:

pit girl said...

Haiku club so glad
Mr. M. friends. He make good
nachos and haiku.