3.18.2011

It's a mad mad month

This month is killing me. Well really, my ability to procrastinate is what is killing me. And when I think about it, it always has. There's something maddening, yet addicting, about my extreme need for a deadline to get anything done. This goes for work, school, clipping my nails...

Seriously.

I've been suffering from a severe lack of motivation lately. So much so, that earlier this week I asked AP if it was a really sad sign that there have been weekends where all I needed to do was just clip my nails--and if I could just do that, I could consider the weekend a success--but I'd get through the whole weekend not having picked up the clippers (and not because I was too busy, definitely not because of that). I finally did it. Accomplishment. It only takes two, three minutes tops, yes, but for whatever reason, sometimes that's an impossibly big order to fill. The deadline this time, too much clicking on the keyboard and a hole in my running sock from my too-long-big-toenail. Shame.

AP totally affirmed me, as she recently measured the success of her weekend by her fingernail clipping accomplishment, too. It's so good to know I'm not alone in my madness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are most definitely not alone in your madness. In fact, I shared your story with the hubs on Friday and you'll be pleased to hear that at around 5pm on Sunday night he said "Ok, I'm done for the weekend and can officially relax." Guess what he had just done... :) :) :)
xo
AP

CrissPiss said...

Do toenails count?