3.24.2011

And the Universe sayeth

Apparently I've forgotten everything I learned in seventh grade. I mean, how could I forget the penultimate literary theme of Johnny Tremain? You know, Johnny Tremain, the 1944 Newbury Medal winning novel by Esther Forbes? Oh, you forgot it, too?

Note to self: Pride cometh before the fall.

Just like I called it. All four of the teams I picked tonight in the tournament have lost. Dropping me from 73rd to 2,241st just like that. Sorry, teams; maybe if I hadn't gone and bragged to the guys in the hall about just how good I was at guessing, or maybe if you would have actually played some defense with intensity tonight you would have won and I wouldn't be dining on crow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bummer man. you'll always be a winner to me

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

I thought it was 5th grade. But whatev. ;)

pit girl said...

mmm crow. worth it for this!