3.31.2011

Number 32

Earlier this month, my VBFF inspired my inner fashionista in more ways than one. First, she had a weekly WIWW (What I Wore Wednesday) post that documented her weekly outfits. Angie's a mother of four young ones, and the fact that she could be responsible for that much and still look adorable is truly inspiring--but if you knew her, you wouldn't be surprised.

I commented on how her cute outfits had me longing for a new wardrobe, and she shared a great little blog with me, wherein the author frequently takes on a wardrobe challenge where she "shops her own closet." It was just the prompting I needed to get a little more creative about my current wardrobe.

Truthfully, I've always been a little creative with my wardrobe, meaning sometimes I name my outfits. Anyone? Anyone? No? Okay. On a day that's not today, I'll post some pictures of some of my classics, there's "Breakfast at Tiffany's," "Ballerina Girl 1," "Ballerina Girl 2," and one I like to call "Oxford Chic."

I created that last outfit on a day we had a big cross-company HR meeting and I was rocking it. When I got to the meeting, I ran into my General Manager who was talking to her manager our Vice President. Let's just say that the VP is kind of a big deal, however considering she wears khaki shorts, polo shirts (collar popped) and running shoes every day (because we work for a company in a region of the country where anything goes as far as fashion is concerned), something tells me she doesn't really geek out about naming her outfits. When I saw my General Manager, she gushed about how much she loved my outfit (because, it is pretty darn cute) and I got all girlie, squealed, clapped for myself and announced, "Oooooh. Thank you! I know... and I named it." It was at that point I realized my adorable geekiness could potentially be career limiting--our VP just stared at me, blankly.

Note to self: When not amongst friendly fashionistas, keep the excitement about your named outfits under wraps.

I don't really think I put my career in jeopardy, but I do think that my little ensemble wasn't the only thing that made a name for itself that morning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.
M.
G.
love love love this.
waiting for pics of the new outfit

CrissPiss said...

I bet the silence was deafening

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Okay, I realize that I'm tired because we just got back from a roadtrip, and I might be a little slap happy, but I'm giggling like crazy over here. Gary just looked up from his laptop (I know, we're an exciting couple) and said, "What?" And I had to take a breath to choke out, "Kathleen!" And he just looked back down and nodded.

Oh, you are just so funny. Please participate in WIWW. You and your named outfits would be a smashing hit.

And do you have one called, "Bargain Basement Sale?"

Anonymous said...

darn. i just checked in to read the latest blogs but remembered it's now April. March was a big tease