3.15.2011

The Ides have come...

... but they have not gone, yet. We've reached the middle of the month and I've yet to skip a post. Internets, can I tell you that the nablopomo challenge I so impetuously declared for myself is REALLY FREAKING CHALLENGING!

First of all, there's the obligation of having to post every night when I get home from work--and these weeks, I'm actually taking a tiny break from working late into the night so I don't miss my self-imposed deadline. And then there's the tiny little thing of actually having something about which to write every single day. It's not that I'm lacking material (well, not yet anyway, when one blogs everyday for thirty-one days straight one gets a little nervous that one will run out of all the good, heck even mediocre, stories from one's life. But fret not ye Internets, one has at least four or five more good ones tucked up one's sleeve. One would like to let you know that this one is not one of them), it's just that the posts in the hopper are going to take a little more brain power to actually compose--and these weeks work has turned my brain into absolute mush. In fact, my brain is so mushy, I had an ocular migraine at work today. Have you ever had one? All I can say is WHOA. It sounds a lot worse than it is, well, assuming you get over the initial panic that you are going blind, because well, you do go blind. A little. Temporarily. Also, really trippy things happen, you see blinking neon shapes and lights where there are none--even when you close your eyes, and then come the wavy fun-house mirror effects, then it's time for the blind spots which sort of meld into the temporary blindness. The good news is it doesn't hurt and it eventually goes away. However, I do think they might be stress induced because the last time I remember having one was at the onset of the shingles.

And that's my cue to pull the emergency brake. I am going to step away from my computer for the night. I certainly DO NOT need to repeat the shingles, and you DO NOT need any additional drivel from me--you still have 16 more days of that to go, you lucky ducks, you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, sad!

take care of you.

AP