3.14.2011

Hope and Relief

For the most part, I try to keep things light-hearted here, but that's hard for me to do today. Rather than spend the energy on coming up with the perfect post, I think it's important to send all those thoughts and all that energy to the people in Japan.

With every story I read, every account I hear, and every shocking image I see, I'm struck by the magnitude of it all. It's so very heart-wrenching and I hope for peace and comfort for everyone in need. It's a huge reminder to me to make sure I'm living the life I love and am loving those in my life. I know that there are some things in this lifetime against which we will be powerless, so take power over what you can, and live this life. I keep faith for the hopeful little miracles of rescue and solace; I know the human spirit will prevail, it's just so painful to see the reality of the devastation. Note to self: Give what you can, when you can, if you can... and if nothing else, love, love, love.

No comments: