3.12.2011

Revival

It's actually Saturday morning (2:03 AM to be precise), which means I didn't post on Friday. However, I haven't gone to sleep yet, so my Friday hasn't ended, and therefore I consider this post my Friday offering.


And yes, you'll still get a Saturday post (yay for you).


Earlier this week, Monster, the Commish, and I went to the theatre (Monster and I are season ticket holders to the Seattle theatre that hosts the Broadway musical tours--one of the best gifts I've ever given myself). And then tonight, AP and I went to see the spring show put on by the troupe of which I'm a member. All I have to say is, boy howdy do I miss acting.

I miss everything associated with being in a show--the thrill of auditioning for a part, the memorizing of the lines, the rehearsing, the rehearsing, the rehearsing, the oh, did I mention the rehearsing? The creating something together, the camaraderie of the cast, the long hours, the director's notes, the tech night, the backstage antics, the wigs, the laughter from the audience, the cast parties, the closing night, the getting your life back, the not having to go to rehearsals anymore, the withdrawal from rehearsals, the desire to get back up and do it all again.

I don't know when and how I'll be able to squeeze something in; I think I'm going to have to force fit it in there, because I miss it oh-so-much and there is absolutely nothing else like it.


And with that, I call curtains on Friday. Good night, Internets.

No comments: