3.01.2011

Commitment

It's the start of a new month. And while I'm on that topic, holy crap?! How is it already March?

I'm the kind of person who is methodical about things. Freakishly methodical. There was a time when I wouldn't get out of bed unless the time was a multiple of five (I've relaxed on that little trait, and now I just don't get out of bed). Likewise, if I go on a health spree and decide to change my eating or workout habits I will never start mid-week; I'll always wait until Monday to make the change. There's something about the nice, clean, fresh start that delights me.

So, as I sat here astonished at just how fast time is actually flying, my thoughts wandered to ye olde blog and the Internets and I thought about how I really do want to write more. And what better way than to create a challenge for myself? And it being the start of the month and all why not use my freakishly methodical mentality to push myself into a blogging challenge? And, lo, a habit is born. Or at least force fit into my life. Whatever, I'm gonna write and you're gonna like it, because I'm making it my goal to post every day in March. Yes, Internets, you read that correctly. EVERY DAY. Including weekends.

I even went so far to declare my crazy intentions publicly by adding myself to the blogroll at NaBloPoMo, a haven for other bloggers who have committed themselves to be chained to their blog give the Internets a month's worth of gold in the form of blog posts. And the fine folks at NaBloPoMo offer support, too. In the event you need an idea for a post, they offer monthly themes and daily prompts around that theme. March's theme is "In a Word." I'm not going to lie, some days you might get a one word post and, yes, I will totally count that as a post. You know why? Because I'm the boss of me. But knowing me and my freakishly methodical brain (and my verbose tendencies), you might be the winner of a month full of LMNT. You, in a word: lucky.

3 comments:

CrissPiss said...

Can't wait

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

{obnoxious clapping} Yay yay yay!

I've recently (albeit not on a Monday) decided to blog more consistently too! I feel ridiculous doing wiww, but it gives me one post a week I can count on, and it turns out it's kinda fun! I think I'm also going to start posting a picture each Saturday (shall we call it "Snapshot Saturday"), with no obligation to caption it or write anything about - although I can if there's a story that needs to be told. That could be an easy (and entertaining) post if you need something. Although there might not actually be any WRITING involved, which is your purpose. But you could write funny captions to your pictures - you're hilarious. And I just might have run across some pictures that need to be posted. Harlequin Plaza, anyone?

I'm nothing if not concise.

pit girl said...

awesome