9.14.2008

Status Reports

Do you hear that? That giant sucking sound? It's Facebook, and it's here to suck a huge portion of my day away. You know you've been spending too much time on the book when every single thought in your head is formed as if it were a status update. I am obsessed. Here is my day (I did a lot today, so my status-report-brain was on overdrive):

Little Miss Notetaker...

... doesn't want to get out of bed, because she and the girls were cutting some rug to classic 80s covers last night.

... has sore feet from wearing 3 inch heels. Fashion has a price, people.

... was startled by the tattoo on her chest when she finally did get out of bed. Oh yeah. Thank you, Mr. Miyagi.

... says, "don't worry, Mom. It's temporary."

... is wondering like crazy.

... thinks she rambled on for too long.

... is riding the bus.

... is wearing what she deems "socially acceptable" crocs to the concert hall, but they are paired with a cute skirt.

... can't shut the wonder off.

... loves Faure's Requiem. Wow.

... is frustrated that it took her three trips to the car wash to get it washed. Stupid quarter machine.

... is still wondering, so she's going to go for a run to hopefully clear her mind.

... made herself a new chair today. A little bit of spray paint and presto-change-o.

... bought too much chard at Pike's Place Market. It was just too damn tempting.

... made the most random dinner, but it incorporated all the food groups.

... needs to memorize her music for Into the Woods.

... loved that Monster stopped by for a quick visit (and that she is able to make use of the extra chard).

... is determined to hit that F.

... is still wondering. And she knows it isn't her, and has nothing to do with her, but she can't help but wonder if it is or does... just a little bit.

... thinks her random dinner did not agree with her.

... is getting the wonder out of her head so she can get a good night's sleep on her latex bed.

... must be an aggressive spray painter because she has no feeling in her pointer finger. Did she spray the skin right off of it?

... is serious now. It's time for bed.

... is going to be better about blogging this week.

... says good night to the Internets.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Whew! What a day! I'm envious of the concert part... and the chard part, too. :)

Yours Truly, Johnny Blogger said...

Status Updates may suck the life out of your day, but they are the most delightful part of mine as I feel like I actually am mixing with people even though I am hold up in the family home or at work.

I actually had someone come up to me the other day saying that they loved watching my life through Facebook, and that they found it quite entertaining.

Kind of like one line blogging!

"Hit that F! Hit that F!" he cheers.

The Ruybalid's said...

That's amazing. I'm lucky if I get that much done in a week. If you love status updates... check out twitter.com.

little ms. notetaker said...

I know... I've been toying with the idea of twittering for a few months but think having one more thing to update would send me right over the edge...

Anonymous said...

omg i can relate...since i'm still up at midnight surfing crackbook...