9.21.2008

My life is better because of you

And then there were four.

I got the news yesterday that I'm one of the four finalists in the home improvement contest, and I should know in the next couple of days if I ended up winning the whole shebang.

I've taken up a lot of air time and have created a considerable amount of noise with this project and contest--and those of you that have put up with my trifecta of harassment for your vote (pleading e-mails, begging blog posts, and Facebook status updates) are truly deserving of sainthood. Were I the Pope, I'd make it happen. What's stopping me from ordaining you? Poof. You are now St. Internets.

Friends, colleagues, even complete strangers voted for me throughout this little contest, and I could understand doing it to stop the incessant nagging from me to "PUHLEASE GO VOTE FOR THE DO-IT-HERSELF KITCHEN!" but in all honesty, I realize now that so many of those votes were genuine displays of love and support. And I am still a little beside myself.

A side note, I had a very emotional, heartfelt post that expanded upon this point that I wrote on my plane ride home from Colorado, and right as I finished it and was saving it, my computer crapped out and none of it was there when I rebooted. So rather than recreate that post--I'm going to save that bit for another day and just leave you all with my gratitude.

Thank you. Thanks for voting. Thanks for reading. Thanks for simply being, and in doing so being a part of my life, no matter how big or small. It means a lot to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what was it that Sally Field said when she won that award all those years ago?
yes, that. it's true girlfriend. that's how we feel about you
xo