7.23.2008

Supplemental words

Didn't mean to leave you hanging on the callbacks--truth be told, I've been busy watching and re-watching the Into the Woods DVD and reading and re-reading the script.

So here's the scoop: callbacks are in one week. I've been called back for one of Cinderella's step-sisters, which is secretly what I was hoping for--not too many lines to memorize, fun comic relief, easing into this whole acting thing, you know?

All I know about the callbacks is that we will be auditioning with all of the other auditioners present and will be doing some cold reading and singing, junior high choir don't fail me now! I've been reassured to not freak out--much easier said than done--that what they really will be looking for at the session is how I interact with auditioners for the step-mother and other step-sister role and if we all look like "family."

Here's hoping the others are tall, skinny, and pale complected.

I'm ecstatic to have the opportunity, although if I do get cast for the role I may be faced with a few tough decisions. Bridges to cross later. Now back to familiarizing myself with the music.

Note to self: if you don't remember how to sight read the music, memorize the tunes a la the soundtrack and fake your way through it!

2 comments:

Yours Truly, Johnny Blogger said...

So does this mean that we can have some celebratory Karaoke singing on Wednesday night? Or are we going to miss you (pouting already)?

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

HOW AWESOME!!!!!! Reading your posts in order (since I'm so behind) is really suspenseful, not knowing if I'll know how this story ends yet or not.

I'm so excited for you! Yippeee!