3.02.2008

Busted

Ladies (and well-adjusted men), if you haven't already seen it, the extended trailer for Sex and the City is out. After watching the preview (admittedly three times in a row), I realized just how much I miss that show. It normalized so many things in life, relationships, being single, the need for close girlfriends. I didn't realize how much that show reassured me that I could be a strong, independent, successful, and single woman and really enjoy life. I blush a little when I say that, but it did, and I miss it.

Over the weekend, I watched a few episodes from the DVDs. One of them included a discussion of "SSB"--Secret Single Behavior. For those of you that don't have every episode committed to memory, like maybe I do, SSB is behavior that you wouldn't really want anyone else to know about, and that you have to give up when you co-habitate, for better or worse. It got me thinking about my own SSB, and right here and now, I'm going to claim my SSB: when I wash my bedding, I usually take two days to put it back on my bed. Not because I'm lazy (okay, not only because I'm lazy), but because there's something that I love about sleeping on my bed without sheets, huddled under my down comforter. I know it's bizarre, that's why it is, er, was a secret. And until I have to think about someone other than myself, I don't see this behavior changing. The funny thing is when I have sheets on it, I make my bed every single morning the second I hop out of it... this is just my little rebellious streak.

This little rebel is off to bed... just me and the down comforter.

2 comments:

One Love Photo said...

Thanks for your SUPER SWEET coment a couple weeks ago! I was just in NY this past week and kept thinking about the good old SEX AND THE CITY. Plus the fact that there were posters EVERYWHERE for the movie. To say the least I am pretty excited. Your blog is great, very brave and candid writing!

burtlo said...

Having seen some of the series and appreciating the writing, at least the episodes that included the interaction with Big, I will likely be seeing this. In the theaters, that is something I'm so sure about.

Related to your behavior, I'm guilty of that as well and have done while in a relationship. So you might not have to give that up.