3.10.2008

Behind the music

When I was handing out daily doses a few weeks ago, I was playing shy and should have included a link to this blog. I'm constantly visiting Heather's site for fun artistic inspiration or just happy little things. Note to self: If I ever get married, and if that wedding is in Seattle, I am so enlisting her amazing photography skills. Check out her photography at OneLovePhoto.

When I visited today, a fun little post was up. At my good friends' gorgeous wedding over the summer I played the role of the "art director." Heather's pictures and story capture it beautifully, but what it doesn't tell you is my not-so-pretty back story. Note to self: If you ever find yourself the art director at a wedding, keep your eye on the kids...

In true Virgo fashion, I was running a tight ship on the project. That is until it was time for dinner. Whilst all the guests were eating, a few guests of the kid persuasion decided to try their hands--literally--at painting. It only took a few minutes, but they certainly made their mark on the unmanned canvas.

Admittedly, I'm a little on the anal retentive side and I had a minor meltdown when I found out what happened. And when I say minor meltdown, I mean I let everyone know I was fine in the most passive aggressive fashion possible. Fortunately, my friends roll with punches much more easily than I do and what I saw as smears of random colors, they saw as memories of family and friends. There are silver linings out there. And after another glass of wine, I even saw the silver lining too.

2 comments:

One Love Photo said...

What a fun post! I love hearing your take on it. I think Janice had the same problem. She couldn't believe someone painted a black square in the middle of her painting. So she went over the mess later. Cory (the bride) is super mellow so I don't think she would have minded the black or the weird dock that someone added. But Janice fixed it up pretty after the fact. Either way Cory would have been happy I think. The painting looks nice now and I think Janice enjoyed working on it. Thanks for the mention! I will travel ANYWHERE to shoot your wedding, it is meant to be...someday!

Anonymous said...

Actually, Cory was the one who painted the black square in the middle of the canvas. It was my fault. I didn't have time to custom mix the paint and she just squirted some out of the tube. It all worked out and, yes, thank goodness for laid back brides!