3.03.2008

I deserve a cookie

I've been a busy little beaver and I have to give myself a pat on the back. I'm making good progress on my list o'things to finish.

The biggest thing I did this weekend was hitting a giant appliance sale. Because I hadn't done what I would consider sufficient research on how appliances stack up, or what would amount to amazing deals, I only intended on getting a new microwave/hood combination. Relatively safe and simple purchase. Fortunately, one of my friends went really early--5:30 AM--and saved a place in line, his wife and I joined him at 7:45, right when they were letting the first 20 people in for 15 minutes of pre-shopping. We just happened to be the 20th people in line, hip-hip-hooray!

Note to self: It pays to be early--or pay someone to be early for you.

I absolutely detest shopping. There is a very brief window before I have a strong urge to poke my eyeballs out with a blunt object. The amazing thing with this sale was that there was no time to think, it was all about the brief window. I had 15 minutes before the world came barreling into the warehouse. I picked out my micro-hood just as the doors opened for those that were not in the top-20. Happy with my find, I dove into the crowd to try and find my friends. We found each other--I don't know how--and they showed me all the amazing appliances they scored. They had done their homework and found some screaming deals. Me on the other hand, if it was stainless and it looked good, and fit within my budget, it was mine. So when I saw a refrigerator that was stainless, pretty, and had a handle that matched the handle on my new micro-hood (a difficult feat to be sure), I gave it no thought and bought it. Holy crapola. I impulse shopped a non-returnable refrigerator. Gulp.

That was the sound of me committing to the kitchen.

No comments: