3.25.2008

Longshot for a Pulitzer

Last night I read a new book cover to cover. This is a wonder to me as I've been s-t-r-u-g-g-l-i-n-g through Under the Banner of Heaven since November. Seriously, I read maybe one or two pages a night and suddenly I'm just too tired to continue with life.

But last night I got my read on. And read... wait for it... Complete Trimwork & Carpentry. Written by Stanley. Not some person named Stanley, but you know, Stanley. Like your screwdriver or hammer. But I don't care, I think I'm in love with Stanley. Stanley's work is a gripping, step-by-step account of hanging moulding, installing trim, and even framing walls. All the talk of wainscoting, coping saws, biscuit joinery, and countersinking got me all worked up. You should see what Stanley can do with shims--it's enough to make a grown woman blush. Note to self: This ridiculous crush on Stanley is ONLY permitted until the kitchen remodel is complete. Then you must banish any notions of marrying carpentry tools that ghost write home improvement books.

Sorry, Brigham and Moroni, but I'm currently more excited about crown moulding and baseboards than the crazy history of Mormon fundamentalism. I may have opened up a whole different can of crazy.

2 comments:

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

You crazy girl! LOL! Every post of your leaves me laughing and shaking my head, and this is no exception. You can "talk shop" with my dad next time you see him.

One Love Photo said...

funny! am hoping to feel more inspired by reading your new blog. i have plenty of work to do on my old house. good luck on the molding, it will look SO NICE once you get it up!