3.28.2008

Hoping Carmen's teeth aren't sharp

I'm overly paranoid. It's a fact. Another fact is that I tend to over-analyze things. So when I posted my old fridge on craigslist and started to get responses my immediate response was not that I was going to sell my old fridge. Duh. It was that I was going to be robbed of all my possessions and maybe even worse by serial craigslist scammers.

Okay, so my imagination may be getting the best of me. But as I've filtered through the responses, I'm going with my gut. And going with my gut doesn't necessarily mean that it's first come, first served. And in my "everything in the universe should be fair" sort of mentality, I'm having some severe guilt about that decision. I just can't seem to buy into the fact that it's my fridge and my house, I'm the boss of it and I can do what I want and sell it or not sell it to whomever I please.

I called my parents to seek their sage advice. When I asked my mom if karma was going to bite me in the arse for following my gut and potentially selling the fridge to the person who didn't contact me first, she responded, "No Carmen's not going to bite you in the butt."

My dad also offered his two cents. Note to self (via dad): "Go out and buy a can of mace. In fact you should already have one living where you live and coming home in the dark. Get a can of mace and be sure you have it in your pocket when anyone comes over to look at the fridge. If the situation gets bad, you'll at least have something to protect yourself."

In the event you don't hear from me after this weekend, Carmen took a big bite or the can of mace in my pocket just wasn't enough.

(And don't worry too much, I have people lined up to be here at the house with me... maybe I need two cans of mace).

1 comment:

One Love Photo said...

Your posts just keep getting better. Always my goodnight giggle. You wouldn't believe the madness that took place when I listed my old treadmill, which was in 3 pieces FREE on Craig's List. Madness!I had to put it on the curb and leave the house.