3.31.2008

Baby steps to courage

Throughout a series of seemingly unrelated conversations and experiences last week, I had the realization that the Universe was trying to tell me something. Of course, last week I started to get daily e-mails from the Universe so that could be a big part of it.

(Aside: a colleague of mine, someone whom I hold in the highest and most respected regard, we'll call her Coach A, let me in on the most wonderful thing. I hate that I'm calling it a thing, but I really can't think of a noun that would encompass all that it is. If you're intrigued, go here for more info and sign up to receive daily messages from the Universe. Check it out and you'll be pleasantly surprised...)

One of my big, bold, I'm-scared-senseless-to-honestly-consider-this-as-a-possibility dreams in life is to move to Ireland. Not necessarily permanently, but to actually give living and working there a whirl. The fact that I even typed that for the Internet to know is a little bit daunting for me. In my mind, I keep thinking that maybe I could do that when I have more money saved--essentially putting it off to the infinite tomorrow. But last Friday, my note from the Universe called me out (being the girl that I am, the one that loves to take notes, it's rather hard for me to ignore this one, especially since it's coming from THE UNIVERSE):

"The funny thing, Little Ms. Notetaker, is that once you know you're actually "good to financially coast" for the rest of your days, as if on one very long vacation, coasting and vacationing become the last things you'd ever want to do.

And ironically, of all the new things you'd get busy doing with your new found abundance, there's not a one of them you can't at least begin or prepare to begin, right now.

Whoohooo - The Universe"

Dang you, Universe. You are right. So what could I do to prepare for some of the big bold dreams I have in life? I wasn't 100% sure, and thought that I could put figuring that out off a little while longer too. However, while I was running errands on Saturday, I went into my favorite kitschy little boutique. For as long as I can remember, they have had jewelry designed by a local artist hanging by the cash register that incorporate city maps (usually local Seattle neighborhoods) and I've often admired them but never purchased one. But Saturday, as I was paying for my other purchases, one particular necklace stood out.

Note to self: When the Universe calls, you should pick up. Apparently screening your calls is not an option. Man the Universe is persistent. I purchased that necklace as preparation (or at least a reminder) to live boldly; think of it as the first step toward turning dreams into reality.

2 comments:

One Love Photo said...

Oh I love this! GO! Just when I promised myself no more books, I think I need this one. I need the universe to give me courage right now. I love this little blog, she is selling the house and heading to Italy with her family. Perhaps it will encourage....and she has wonderful photos!
http://nectarandlight.typepad.com/

little ms. notetaker said...

Oooooh. I love that. What a precious blog and very inspiring. It makes me take a big gulp to even dream about being as courageous as she.

Thanks for the encouragement! :)