3.27.2008

She won't leave this one under the pillow

The Vera Wang fairy visited me today. And yes, she left me a dress. And no, I didn't buy a dress in preparation for my fake wedding to my fake husband. It's a bridesmaid dress and it's beautiful.

Come May, I'm a bridesmaid in my dear friend's wedding, and we get to wear Vera Wang. In all honesty, this is one bridesmaid dress that I will wear again, it's my new little black dress (although the picture is in white). I get to be a classy cocktail princess.

This wedding just happens to fall on the same weekend as one of my cousin's weddings out in California. My parents are invited to both weddings and my mom has told some of her sisters that she won't be able to make it to the family event because she needs to stay and support me. Yes, me, the bridesmaid. Apparently I need a cheering section. Granted this friend is like family, so of course my parents will be there, but when I tried on the dress today, I couldn't help but laugh thinking that the reason my mom wants to be there is because this may be the only time she sees me walk down the aisle in Vera Wang.

UPDATED: So the link to the dress doesn't take you to the picture of the dress. In the event you want to see the dress and you follow the link to the dress (I'm just trying to say "dress" as many times as possible), scroll to the dress that is 20M11. Oh, that Vera, she's sneaky.

1 comment:

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Fun, Kath! And cute dress! I was relieved it wasn't one of those described as "lame." Vera needs to work on her marketing.