2.14.2008

Paying it forward

What a big day. No, not because it's St. Va... Va... Val... you know what day it is (close up of me inserting my finger down my throat and making gagging noises). No, it's the day that I'm finally--and humbly--accepting a little blog award.

It is with great honor that I accept "The Daily Dose" award from my oldest friend, my BFF from the third grade over at Flibbertigibberish. Thanks, Ang! I definitely get a daily dose of memories and laughs, especially over our celebration of womanhood--if any of you want a glimpse into my Jr. High brain you have to check that post out. It explains so much (and just imagine me times two and there you have our fearsome duo, we may not have been the coolest, but man did we have fun).

When I started blogging, I didn't think it would stick. I thought it was going to be one of those half-finished projects that seem to rule my life these days. But I'm happy to say that I'm still going strong, and even happier to know that there are people out there reading the fanciful details of my mundane routine (consider this my acceptance speech).

Note to self: It doesn't have to be Va... Va... Val... that silly Hallmark holiday to share the love.
I certainly have my own daily doses, and I'd like to recognize and pass this award along to the Link, my sister-friend who I swear is living a parallel life just a few hundred miles away. The laughs are perfect medicine to my sometimes cynical view of things.

To all my friends, real and imaginary, thanks for all the blog love. It's actually been a daily dose for me too.

No comments: