11.05.2008

Sweater Weather

Since I raved about my Target sweater collection, I realized what my dear friend Angie commented... I may very well be a hoarder.

I pulled out the four sweaters from Target to photograph them for you, and realized that although those are the only four from Target, those are not the only four sweaters I have in that style (read: light weight cotton or merino wool with a crew or v-neck). I have at least four more (okay five... I have two in black). Which makes nine. Nine sweaters that are all similar.

And here is where I will begin my defense of the sweater. Five reasons why it makes perfect sense to have nine of (essentially) the same sweater:
1. All but the black ones are different colors.
2. They are part of my favorite outfit, my fool-proof-when-all-else-fails-turn-to-your-closet-and-throw-this-on outfit. My uniform if you will: layered over a button down blouse with jeans, khakis, or cords.
3. With nine of them, I can wear my favorite outfit every workday for two weeks without repeating sweaters.
4. In my mind they are a classic staple and will never ever go out of style--not that I have or do, but I could.
5. I'm the boss of me and I can buy as many sweaters in the same style as I want. And I can even buy more black ones if I want, too. So there.

But seriously, this thought of hoarding (or rather this hypochondriac's self-diagnosis of chronic hoarding) has me a little worried. Are there warning signs I'm missing? The bags? The straws that lived in my office for a year because I may need them someday. The coffee can filled with my life savings in cash buried in my backyard--put your shovel down, the only thing buried back there are fresh peanuts from Nutty's progeny. Although, with the economy the way it is, that depression-era "bank account" might not be such a bad idea.

No. Get a hold of yourself. You are not a hoarder.

I know a few personally. No. I don't keep things because I can't part with them, I keep them because I'm too lazy to do anything at all with them.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

But where are the pictures?... :( I think that you make perfect sense. Many a style guru has said if you find something that looks good on you, then by all means, by several -- jeans, shirts, bras, sweaters... it just makes sense!

Anonymous said...

You are your mother's daughter or is it Leonard who hoards?

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

I'm cracking up that my off-handed remark has led you down a path of hoarding conviction and worry.

Don't I feel special?!