10.29.2008

When left to my own devices

Note to self: When listless, don't head to Target list-less.

Day three without rehearsal. What did I ever do before the musical? Oh, yeah. Kitchen renovation. But what did I do before that? Oh, yeah. Serial first dating.

Not quite sure what to do with myself after work tonight, I decided to head up to the Valhalla of Halloween crap and costumes and pull together something for Friday. Mostly, it was to kill time. I am a project girl without a project and slowly but surely I'm trying to get comfortable with that. In the meantime, I took myself wig shopping.

And, since I was out of the house and in the neighborhood, I ran to Target. I was only looking for a pair of tights to go with the kicky little wig I got at the costume shop, but ended up with a few more random items. Here's what I left with:
  • Fingerless knit arm warmers (think leg warmers for your arms)
  • Knee socks
  • A new sweater
  • A new black shirt
  • Fruit bars
  • A new candle
  • The tights I had originally gone in there for

Did I need any of these things? No. And, did I want any of them before I went into the store? Except for the tights, no. But I did walk away with them. And here I am sitting in my cold house with my fingerless arm warmers keeping my wrists warm, eating a fruit bar, with the fragrance from my new candle wafting through the room, thinking about how I can wear the knee socks over the tights for my costume. Black shirt? Wardrobe staple. And the sweater. Well, I have to admit I bought 3 of the same type of sweater last year all in different colors--and I love them. In fact, I was wearing one of them today whilst I shopped. So I will definitely wear the new one. Okay, cool. I just needed to justify myself to myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fingerless knit arm warmers?!? You truly were inspired by RockBand get-up on Monday. ;)

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Sounds all too familiar.

But I'm dying to see this sweater that you now have four of. Seriously. But are we going to see you on a future "hoarding" episode of Oprah?

pit girl said...

if you have 4 of the same sweater, it must be the best sweater in the universe, so I want one too. More details please so I can get one too & continue my quest to be just like Kathleen.

Confession: I have two of the exact same sweater (one green, one blue) from Costco of all places.