10.06.2008

Marco... Marco...

Note to self: When you go MIA on your blog, be sure you let someone know so panic is averted.

I got an early morning instant message from FCA with a touch of urgency in the tone. Like a good friend, she was checking in to make sure everything was okay. Moreover, that I was actually alive. I guess that's what happens when you commit to your friend that you'll post three times a week and then you go silent.

Life has been crazy and full, and I'm exhausted. And truth be told, I just wasn't compelled to write anything last week, so consider yourself lucky that I didn't subject you to random dribble, words that I would have typed just for typing's sake.

This week is a huge one in terms of work, but I'm going to try resuming regular posting. We have a couple of major events--and things are going smoothly. Normally, there would be something for me to panic about, but I haven't found that yet. So that, in and of itself has me panicked. And all is right with the world.

And you know what else is right with the world? This fantastically awesome sketch from SNL. If your mother made you watch episodes of Lawrence Welk as a child, because it was good wholesome family entertainment, then you will certainly enjoy the next four minutes as much as I (and, yes, Angie O, I mean you).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Polo!

Thanks for posting so my worries can subside. I thought for sure you had been captured by gypsies or abducted by some strange guy at a bar that you tried to casually pick up by saying "mmmmm... that looks good."

I'll try not to be so RED on keeping you to an editorial schedule. As an avid reader though it is hard to manage the expectations when I look to you for my morning entertainment over my first cup of coffee at work. :)

FCA

Anonymous said...

Katie, I did go to the video when we talked on the phone. See, it was wholesome and weren't you glad you saw it so you can say, "OMG, I remember that." and no one else knows what you are talking about. Great trivia!

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

FINALLY read this and watched that. That is hiiilarious. Those bubbles! Her forehead! Her hands! Her voice! I so want to re-enact that. (But for who? My talent would be wasted on my girls.)

Okay. That would've been way cooler to do than "It's a small world after all" for the Northridge talent show. Darn.