10.26.2008

Unleaded

Good news, Internets.

I survived opening weekend of the musical--more thoughts and musings on that to come--and that's not even the good news. No, the good news is now that we are in our run, we don't have mid-week rehearsals which means I can have my life back. And when we get right down to it, that means I will resume regular blogging. Yes, peanut gallery, that one's for you!

There are several posts floating around my head, but it's been a long (and full and exhilarating and memorable) weekend, so I'm going to head to bed. I did have a fleeting thought of getting myself grounded and prepared to head back to work tomorrow, maybe take a couple of things off of the plate, but my body is telling me no.

But, before I listened to my body, I made a preemptive strike on myself to try to stay awake, at least a little bit; I had a decaf coffee after dinner with my parents tonight. I drink coffee maybe once every other week, yet, I am on the receiving end of many a jab for drinking decaf. Essentially, I have a caffeine-free diet. Those who know me would confirm that I'm quite energetic without it. I like to say that I'm "naturally caffeinated," and that even a cup of decaf has just enough juice in it to fire up the jets, but not make my brain bounce around in my head. However, before I left the restaurant, I did a quick scan of the table and realized that in my one cup of decaf, I used six--yes, a half-dozen--packets of sugar. Note to self: Your "natural caffeination" may not have anything to do with nature or caffeine. Apparently my jets are fired up by sugar. Lots and lots of sugar.

4 comments:

Yours Truly, Johnny Blogger said...

On my new wakeup schedule (non-voluntary- it's the body waking me up - not an alarm clock) I have an extreme wish for caffeine. Only one time have I done it and it was before the Physical Improv class on Saturday (The Dutch Oven is not the same without you). Anyway, I had a Super Big Gulp (half and half of course) but did not feel the effects of it in class.

Afterwards, I was an energetic ball of fire. People at work said I took a dreadful day and made it fun. But I am still wondering - was it the class or the caffeine?

I'm gonna take class.

And as for you, as they say in the south (and in the spirit of the blog as you know I would not say this)
Keep going strong, Sugar!

Jessica said...

Um, you don't drink coffee? And you live in SEATTLE???? Can't they kick you out for that? ;)

little ms. notetaker said...

Why do you think I'm so "anonymous" on my blog? :)

pit girl said...

(said in low whisper) pssst. you can drink decaf in secret. that way the seattlites don't know to make fun of you. I do it all the time. and I use splenda. but don't tell anyone!