10.17.2007

That Girl's Grand Opening!

Ta-da! It's my Grand Opening (to all three of you). If you read my other posts, you'll see just what a tremendous feat this was for me to get this far. (Timeout: if you are thinking, "Other posts? I thought this was the grand opening!" Don't worry, it is. The other posts were part of the soft launch, or to the technical audience, release candidate one...)

I recently decided to start blogging. It's been something I've been kicking around for a while. I have friends who blog and I always found myself just the tiniest bit jealous of them. Of course committing to a blog was a huge hurdle, one, because I am lazy, and two, while I was jealous of my blogging friends, I also didn't want to become "that girl."

You know "that girl," the one who thinks she can write a truly profound memoir in her mid-20s, when really it's just garden variety chick-lit. Or "that girl," who has herself fooled that people will actually want to read what she has to say. Being "that girl," is challenging because you either have to be so egotistical that you think everything you have to say merits an audience and you don't even notice that you don't have one, or you have to really come up with some good stuff to say to keep people interested.

I'll let you, my handful of readers (would you look at that, you've grown in size over the course of two paragraphs), determine "what girl" I am to you. To me, I'm "that girl" that just wants to share the notes to self I collect--sometimes profound, sometimes not, sometimes audience-worthy, sometimes just for my own cathartic release.

With that, welcome.


PS--If you enjoy the crazy I'm peddling, feel free to share it with others.

6 comments:

mike helminger said...

holmes, i'm glad you're blogging now. you can finally join the cool kid club.

it'll be nice to see your wonderfully varied thoughts on paper (or screen)

Anonymous said...

Shotgun!

First comment, I feel special. Better make it a good one. Well, thanks for letting me be part of the initial audience. Love the concept. The world can always use more "that girl" bloggers with interesting thoughts to ponder, IMO.

Keep it up (else the guilt will get you)

Anonymous said...

Dang it, not first after all!! :-(

Anonymous said...

FCK: What great fun! I'll be a loyal reader, I'll laugh when funny, and when it's not...I'll look forward to the insight and learning from you. ;-)

Bring on the posts!
FCA

Anonymous said...

FCK: What great fun! I'll be a loyal reader, I'll laugh when funny, and when it's not...I'll look forward to the insight and learning from you. ;-)

Bring on the posts!
FCA

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Count me in on the crazy. Love ya!