10.09.2007

Inspiration a la online dating?

Note to self: Don't spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have. Remember that what you have was once among the things only hoped for.

As I was surfing profiles tonight for Mr. Right, I may have stumbled across Mr. Write. Not to say that he penned today's note, but it was the headline for his personal ad. After reading further, I don't think this one and I are a match, but I sure loved his opening line--especially compared to any of the trite pick-up lines I've heard.

I thought this was particularly poignant and timely since I had an impromptu encounter with a friend today that left me thinking about what I've accomplished this year. And as much as I find myself reaching for what's next, I really need to reflect on what's now.

2 comments:

mike helminger said...

well, what was his headline? i need to know so i can copy it.

little ms. notetaker said...

It was what was in the note. :)