10.15.2007

A heaping dose of good ol' fashioned...

... Catholic guilt. Yep. That's what I have right now.

Note to self: Don't make promises you can't keep.

I'm behind on the seven-day-seven-post promise I made. But the thing that kills me, is that I haven't shared this blog with anyone--so why the guilt? It's innate. It's the pressure I've put on myself since I was a little kid. It's the six-year old girl in me that used to get so frustrated when I didn't spell all the words spewing out of my speak and spell (for the record, Mr. Cosby, I could spell "says"). Or the third-grader that went through five (and I'm not even exaggerating) bars of Dove soap for a book report on Black Beauty that called for a horse soap carving and it had to be just right. Or it's the little girl...

Whoa. Timeout. I would like to amend my initial note...


Note to self: Stop putting so much pressure on yourself and re-freakin'-lax!

To my audience of zero, I apoligize for my apparent lapses both in posting and in keeping my internal-perfectionist in check. I'm trying my hardest at this--like I've said before, it is a commitment, but one that I am, in fact, enjoying. So much so that I think I'm about ready to set this baby free. This is a promise I'm definitely keeping.

PS--Who needs therapy when I can analyze my psyche with the blog?

1 comment:

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Yes, Kathleen, re-freakin'-lax. You've got to let the perfectionist in you go! Set her free! I did that years ago, and life is way more fun. I'm loving your blog. It really makes me miss you!!!