8.07.2008

Eat your heart out, Bridezilla

The two thousand and eighth year of our Lord will forever go down in infamy as the year Little Ms. Notetaker lived the dream of starry-eyed brides-to-be everywhere--all the while remaining a hot little bachelorette. Indeed, this is the year I wore Vera Wang down the aisle; but something else magical, if not uproariously hilarious, has happened to me.

This evening, I stopped by a large bookstore and got myself a magazine. But not just any magazine, no. This magazine:

Why, yes; that is the August issue of Modern Bride. And before you get all, OH MY GOD! LMNT's ENGAGED! on me, let me assure you there is no fiance of whom to speak. I'm not shopping for dresses, seeking the hottest hairstyles, or comparing organza and tulle. No. I was looking for something else:

Me.

That's right. It's me on page 136. Yes, Internets, I am in the magazine. Hello!

Vera Wang, check. Featured in a bridal magazine, check. What's next? Prince Charming? Note to self: Hold your breath. These things happen in threes, you know.

--

Original photography by Heather Gilson, One Love Photo (who is fantastic, by the way). If you want more context on what piqued Modern Bride's interest, read this. And for my back story/commentary, read this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you possibly have a more glamorous life? Improve superstar, upcoming Into the Woods debut, Vera Wang dresses, second base with the M's, Modern Bride photo shoots... does it really get any better than this?

You have a full, fabulous life my friend. I'm not real sure why you think a man would help things? Instead he'd want you to do laundry when you are supposed to be at Improv, expect dinner the nights you are doing the play, think your Vera dress was too spendy, want to be the one on the field at Safeco, and have hogged the spotlight at the photo shoot so he could be in a magazine. See! You've got it GOOD! Live and love it... :) -FCA

Yours Truly, Johnny Blogger said...

Took the magazine over to Gale at Barnes and Noble and said... recognize anyone? She went ... verrrry cool!

I was in a Japanese Pro Wrestling Magazine once. Does that count?

Anonymous said...

seriously, you live a charmed vera wang life, my friend. that's so cool!

pit girl said...

You're very pretty in print, even when one dimensional.

I think all of the above comments are describing a very LARGE three dimensional life .... VERY pretty indeed.

(Can you believe that was a year ago? Happy 1st anniversary to me!)

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

You're famous! I'm proud that I can say, "I knew her when..." (Oh, the ways I could finish that line!)

Okay, that is seriously one freaking cool idea. I will say, that when you get married, you have so many awesome ideas to have one heckuva wedding. Being the first among my friends to get married = boring wedding. Oh well.

How awesome you're in that magazine. I'm going to go buy it. It's such a cute picture of you!

And I have to agree with the other commenters: you have such a fun, full life. :)