6.28.2008

Like buttah

This one's for all the do-it-themselvers out there.

Note to self: If a screw is ever giving you fits going into the wall, just head to your fridge for a little lubrication.

(And just so you know, there is not a single euphemism in that note, so get your mind right out of the gutter!)

I just had to let all of my faithful readers in on this fantastic little trick. All credit goes to the Commish, who was helping me install my pantry today. We were attaching the suspension rail to the wall the Man of Iron and I built, and it just kept getting stuck halfway.

Suddenly the Commish had an idea:

He lubed up the screw and it worked. Here it is with the spreadable butter nice and melty, oozing itself all over the rail--it's bleepin' HOT in Seattle.


(Oh, and I was trying to be all artsy-fartsy with the photo and thought this one came out, but it's still blurry. Drats. But you can still see the butter)

I'd say that's a win, right? Three cheers for the Commish--a few more tricks like this and I may have to start calling him MacGyver.

No comments: