2.19.2008

What's that, Trolley?

In case you didn't know, today is the 40th anniversary of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood's television premiere. I loved--actually still love--Mr. Rogers. There's something oh-so-comforting about the blueness of the walls in his house, his cardigans, his comfy "inside" shoes, speedy deliveries, Daniel the cute little tiger in the Neighborhood of Make-Believe, and on and on.

I heard a gentle and kind tribute to Mr. Rogers on NPR (if you have a minute and 15 seconds to spare, I highly recommend it) this morning and it got me all sentimental (and when I say sentimental, I mean it made me cry a little as I was brushing my teeth, and even made me hum the theme song while I drove into work). Sentimental and gooey for the innocence of childhood. It's such a good feeling, a very good feeling...

Note to self: Someone somewhere likes us just the way we are.

It's good just to remember that.

1 comment:

One Love Photo said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my post last week! Love the blog, very cool that you are putting yourself out there. I LOVED Mr.Rogers so very much. Thanks for reminding me of a happy childhood memory.

The note to self is priceless.....great concept.