2.23.2008

Miffed

I went to bed last night ticked off. I know there's this school of thought where you shouldn't go to bed angry, but the logic I've always applied to that has been because what if you pass away in the night--or if your significant other passes away right there in the bed next to you--there would be much regret that those last conscious thoughts and actions were rooted in anger. Is it the same if you're single and you're not going to bed or waking up with anyone even under the same roof? Or even if the person to whom your anger is focused has no idea that you are a-n-g-r-y?

Here's the situation. I haven't quite jumped into the boat (or as I like to think of it, ripped the band-aid off clean). While I was extremely reluctant about it, I was supposed to meet up with the J_______ last night (my plan was band-aid rippage). It was his his suggestion that we hang out. It was the only free night I had all week, and I really hesitated giving it up, but agreed to it. Deep down, I wanted out so I could go to the home show (ooh, yes, exciting I know) and meet up with another girlfriend. But, that's my thing, if I say I'm going to do something, I will.

As I was leaving work I gave him a call, only to get a recorded message saying, "This number is not taking calls at this time." Really? So I sent him a text--no response. When I got home I shot him an e-mail (through our Internet dating site... which also informed me that he had been online within the past hour, so he must still be alive...). The e-mail was short and sweet, and sufficiently guilt laden.

Even though I got to do what I secretly hoped I'd get to do last night, and even though he gave me an easy way out of our plans, I was seething. If there's one way to really irk me, it's to blow me off.

Note to self: If you don't climb aboard that ship, you're going to be left for shark bait.

This morning there was a response to my e-mail. Turns out he lost his phone and subsequently my number at a conference in Vegas--bringing new meaning to what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. But still, if you can be cruising the Internet for chicks while we're supposed to be hanging out, you can shoot me an e-mail and let me know what's up.

Throw me the ladder, I'm coming aboard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rip away!

Anonymous said...

The ladder is set, sturdy, and ready for your climb!

Hugs,
the cheerleader