1.05.2008

Where to begin?

Oh my, oh my. I'm not much of a shopper. And if I do go on a shopping binge, I often tend to feel guilty, keep the tags on, the receipt at the ready, and return everything I bought. I wonder if you can do the same thing when you're "shopping around" for dates.

Note to self: There is a lesson here, and an opportunity to grow. You just need to figure out what that is and actually do something with it.

Here's my problem, I'm too nice. Last night I went out with Quick Draw, and it was better than expected. The setting was good, and it was something I have always wanted to do... just maybe not the person I wanted to do it with. A nice guy, to be sure, but not the right nice guy for me.

And today I met up with one of the other guys for an early afternoon trip to the remodeling show, which then turned into drinks and lunch through the Seahawks game, which then turned into a trip to a different bar where we played shuffleboard, which then turned into 3 women cornering me after he went off to the restroom because they were curious what our situation was. They also tried to convince me that I am a lesbian and maybe my dating world would improve if I would just give girls a chance.

Two things I'm sure of: 1) I'm not a lesbian--I may be athletic, and not very girly, but I do know that I like boys, and 2) this guy and I are NOT a match.

As tempting as it was to try and play the lesbian card to get out of the date that would not end, I didn't. I played nice. Too nice. But eventually made it home. Home to my single gal's Saturday night (complete with Trader Joe's fancy pizza, beeping smoke detectors and me waving dish towels over my head), but there's something that is so comfortable and okay about that.

No comments: