5.04.2009

Travel Ticks

I'm on a quick little business trip, and as I sit here in the hotel vegging out in a food coma watching back-to-back episodes of syndicated sit-coms, I've realized there are a few things I only do--or always do--when I'm travelling.
  1. Renew my membership in the "light packers" club--When I was playing volleyball in college each road trip was a gathering of the few, the proud, the light packers. It got to the point where we, the initiates, would only pack changes of underwear, socks, and sports bras. Leaving us with very small bags, as well as wardrobes limited to our uniforms and warm-ups. To this day, I still worry about having my membership revoked were I to do the unthinkable and check luggage.
  2. Iron--I am the master of hiding the fact that I never ever iron. Or maybe I'm the master of fooling myself that I am the master of hiding the fact that I never ever iron. But when I'm in a hotel, it doesn't seem like such a horribly taxing chore.
  3. Watch episodes of "Reba"--Um. Yeah. Enough said.

2 comments:

CrissPiss said...

I love Reba!

Anonymous said...

Reba??? LMNT, I'm going to have to re-assess things. I thought i knew you!