4.06.2008

You can call me baby, if I can call you Chadam

Note to self: Regardless the length of the drive, a weekend away with the girls is always worth it.

I snuck away this weekend to celebrate the Link's b-day on the coast. I laughed the weekend away with a great group of women, all tied together through the Link, but for the most part relative strangers to each other. But throw some strangers into a beach house with good wine, good food, and a podunk local tavern a few blocks away and you've got the makings of a memorable weekend. All of us ladies agreed that what happens at the coast, stays at the coast, but I think I can divulge a few of the funniest observations and still protect our dignity (and, for the most part, the dignity of the Tavern locals).

Here are the top things from our girls' night out for burgers and beers on Friday:
1. Lovelorn "Chadam." Was his name Chad or Adam? Did it matter? He was smitten with one of the girls in the group and we had quite a time turning their short-lived flirtation into the lyrics of a country western song.
2. Unlimited selections on the jukebox. Even though I had to break my number one jukebox rule: No matter what, Journey must be played first (seriously, what jukebox DOES NOT have Journey, especially in a small rural town), we were able to set the tone for the evening with nearly 150 plays at our disposal. Unfortunately after about three hours worth of tunes, we were definitely scraping the barrel... that's about when Meatloaf would do anything for love, but he wouldn't do that.
3. Ingenious beer filtration methods. If commercial beer filtration's got you down, fret not. There's still hope! A person was spotted at the bar slipping on a medical mask (the kind that surgeons wear in the operating room) and drinking his beer through it. When one of us girls was caught staring mouth agape at the scene, he turned to her and said, through his beer-soaked mask, "It filters it."
4. Men who know their hairstyles. As we were getting ready to leave, a man approached me and told me I had a great bob. Although I'm months overdue for a haircut, apparently I'm rockin' the do and my hairstylist must really know what she's doing, because this guy knows a good bob when he sees one.
5. Five city girls can create quite a storm. When we entered the place we had it to ourselves (we actually sent a couple of locals scurrying when we started playing the jukebox), but by the time we left people had crawled out of the woodwork and we had worked the place into a frenzy. Many a heart was broken--sorry boys--but we all got out of there with plenty of fodder to keep laughing well through Saturday.

By the time I left this morning, I was sad the weekend was over. I even hugged people--that's saying a lot.

3 comments:

The Dater said...

the blog title itself was enough to send me back into fits of giggles over our weekend fun. so glad you made it! i'm so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful women (insert link tear here).

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

That sounds so fun. SO FUN! The beer filtration is brilliant. I would've had to sneak a picture or two.

One Love Photo said...

I have a girls weekend coming up in two LONG weeks. This made me get pretty excited. I love the bob story, a quick giggle for me before I head to bed. Thanks!