4.09.2008

The Seinfeld of posts

Nothing. That's what I've got. I've got blogger's block. I want to have some funny story or witty quip, but alas, I do not. I do have a few half formed posts in my brain, but the time isn't right for them yet.

Okay, so here's something. I want to send a thank you note to the thankless:

Dear Hubcap Humanitarian,

Thank you for picking up wayward hubcaps that have found themselves on the side of the road. And thank you for propping them up next to signs or in bushes for all the world to see. I love that you do that, not because someone will come back and find their long-lost cover--let's face it 1.) if you lose your hubcap, will you ever really be able to trace your tracks? You have no idea where that fell off. And 2.) say you do see your lonely hubcap leaning against the speed limit sign on the interstate, are you really going to stop and climb that hill to retrieve it? No, I love you not because you reunite driver and cap, but because your act of kindness just makes me smile deep down.

Keep doing what you're doing.
Love always,
Little Miss Notetaker


I am so willing to bet that if you've never noticed how many hubcaps have been touched by the hubcap humanitarians of the world, you're going to start noticing it now. I counted four on the drive home today.

Note to self: If you ever lose a hubcap, rest assured that it is in a happier place now and that there was someone there to make sure it got the roadside memorial it deserved.

2 comments:

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Funny you should mention hubcaps! I was just thinking the other day, who ARE the people who take the time to prop them up in random places? And more importantly, WHY? That was seriously funny. You made me LOL for real.

One Love Photo said...

and you said you were blocked, never fear my dear! Nothingness is divine!