4.14.2008

From Logan, with love

I started this post sitting in Boston's airport and boy howdy were there plenty o' notes to take! Of course, I was also going on my 12th hour of travel, so I may have had a heightened sense of the absurd.

With Lionel Ritchie's "All Night Long" piped in through the concourse, here are a few of the things I observed:
  • Thick Massachusetts accents--I feel like I walked through a Kennedy family reunion.
  • A really friendly pilot who helped me find my gate.
  • Learning that I was flying on an airline that was an inspiration for the airlines on Wings. When I got to the cape, I half expected Helen to give me a tuna melt and Antonio to give me the taxi ride to the hotel.
  • An "airport walker." Think mall walker, only in an airport. While I was on my layover, this guy scooted around five laps of concourse C. The best part was that he had a pocket full of change--I'd guess about five dollars worth in coins no larger than nickels. You could hear him coming from half a concourse away.

When it was time for me to board my plane, I was shocked when I climbed aboard that it was a double prop Cessna. I was expecting a puddle jumper, but when I say puddle jumper to me that means a small jet with overhead stowage. I had to slouch in my seat, because I was too tall for this plane.

Note to self: When the gate agent asks for your weight when you check in, she's not being rude, she's just making sure you don't make the plane fall out of the sky.

2 comments:

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Is it wrong that when I read your title, my heart skipped a beat?

little ms. notetaker said...

LOL, I knew it may. Sadly, it's the airport, not the Breed. :)