4.17.2011

Six-word Sunday: April 17, 2011

Holy jeez! I'm running Boston tomorrow.
After years of attempting to get myself to this place and months of training (some weeks more diligently than others), tomorrow I'll be running the 115th Boston Marathon.

I'm anxious and excited, both for the race and in hopes that I'm able to poop (come on, it wouldn't be a race without me commenting on my intestinal worries). What I'm really excited about is the fact that my parents have made the trip out from Denver. They've never been to one of my races, so I'm really glad to have them here for the biggest race of my life. And no matter how fast or slow I run this puppy, that's exactly what this is: the biggest race of my life.

Mom, Dad, be prepared for me to probably start crying when I see you, partly because of the overwhelming nature of the whole event, and partly because at that point I'll have begun to lose my mental faculties (not to mention fine motor skills), and mostly because you've always supported me in all the crazy adventures and challenges I've undertaken in my life; I've always known that you've been cheering me on even when you weren't physically there on the sidelines. It's so reassuring knowing that you're there tomorrow. Thank you so much and I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoy every mile of this race (my six words for today)

CrissPiss said...

Wouldn't be anywhere else.