4.08.2011

Movin' on up

Today I moved into a new office. A new office with a window.

Hallelujah!

All day I couldn't stop telling my coworkers how much I LOVE HAVING AN OFFICE WITH A WINDOW! And they have window offices too, so I wasn't saying it like I was bragging, but like I was so glad that I had finally joined their sorority. And I can't wait until we have formal chapter meeting, just so long as it's in an office with a window.

It's been six years since I've had a window office. Six long years of vitamin D deprivation. Well, the deprivation is probably more a function of me choosing to live in the Pacific Northwest, where everyone is completely vitamin D deficient, than it is of having bat cave offices. Whenever the sun comes out here we have no idea what to do with ourselves: do you run outside and soak up as much of it as possible or do you crawl under a rock to protect your translucent skin because you are frightened by that bright light?

On a recent trip to visit my lil brother in Las Vegas, I forgot my sunglasses and I was driving just after sunrise and thought I was going to go blind. What with all that happy sunshine I couldn't see and thought my brain might explode. Thankfully it didn't.

No comments: