5.04.2008

Run, Little Ms. Notetaker, run

I've spent almost the entire weekend working on the kitchen. In fact, almost every minute I've been at home for the past week has been spent on the kitchen. As I type this, I'm half-asleep and drooling on myself. I know that when I finally close down and drift off, I'm likely going to be dreaming of drywall and taping and mudding up the seams (if you don't know what that means, don't worry until a few days ago, neither did I and now I'm haunted by it).

But not quite every minute of this weekend was spent on the kitchen. Late this afternoon I had to step away from it all. It was a gorgeous day in Seattle and I went for a run. It was the best thing I could have done for myself--clearing my mind, getting in some fresh air (it was one of the few times I was without a dust mask over my nose for the past week) and ultimately just being. It was so needed and it made me realize it's something I squeezed out of my schedule recently. And even though I returned home to climb right back on the ladder to slather another coat of mud onto the drywalls, I climbed up that ladder feeling a little bit better about things. It definitely gave my batteries the boost that they needed.

Note to self: Trust that what needs to get done will get done when it needs to get done--and will probably get done better if you're recharging yourself along the way.

1 comment:

One Love Photo said...

Oh Jon and I sooooo need to do this as we work away on our little house projects. We are skipping yoga tonight to go to Home Depot for the 3rd night in a row. We have shut the place down each time. But I will make us go stretch and breath and relax on Thursday night. Because we need to treat our bodies to that....thanks for the reminder!