5.30.2008

Giving love a bad name

I cannot seem to get “Stars and Stripes Forever” out of my head. I have no idea why, I haven’t been to any parades lately and I wouldn’t say that I’m that eager for the Fourth of July… yet.

In spite of the marching band comprised primarily of piccolos tromping around in my brain, it is a welcomed relief from the other song that has been getting stuck in my head each morning since leaving Colorado last weekend.

While I was there, my mom and I went to an Aveda salon for manis and she got all excited for me to do this aromatherapy-balance-your-inner-chakra test. I ended up with chakra number four (my lucky number), the heart chakra. The woman selling the product told me that to achieve the best balance I should spray it on my chest over my heart. So every morning this week, just as I’m preparing for my dose of balance, Jon Bon Jovi hollers in my ear, “CHAKRA the heart and you’re to blame!” Cue the guitars, drums, and hair.

No comments: