11.12.2007

A hand for my finger

I have a few posts brewing in my mind, but I have a little problem. I think I broke my finger, either that or I sprained it badly. So it's taking me a little longer to type this week.

It was at a flag football game, and sadly not even during the game, but in warm-up. I'll spare you most of the details except to say that I was at a party on Saturday where little smokies were served (uh huh, little smokies), and my finger looked frighteningly like one. A swollen sausage in the middle of my hand.

Oh, and it's my middle finger. Yes, I broke the bird. And I keep raising my hand to make the throbbing stop. Because the finger is in a giant silver splint, it's a little bit on the conspicuous side. When I raise my hand, sometimes my other fingers get tired, so I end up accidentally flipping everyone off. Oops.

Note to self: Don't underestimate the power you hold in your middle finger.

Did you know how involved your middle finger is in everything you do? Things like eating with chopsticks, the contact insertion and removal routine, tying your shoes, washing your hair. But the good thing is, my other fingers are really stepping it up (I'd like to thank ring finger for typing in the letters e, d, and c, otherwise all my sntns woul look lik this...).

Here's hoping the swelling subsides soon. Because, yes, I do have a second date about which to tell you.

No comments: