11.04.2007

Election results and the transition team

With enough of the precincts reporting to call this one, I actually sent an e-mail last night here's what it said (names were changed to protect the innocent, and well, keep this still somewhat anonymous, ha!)

"Hey there!

Thanks for the e-mail. Glad you liked the
profile. And I think we work together at Contoso? Honestly, I hemmed
and hawed about writing this e-mail. Ultimately I didn't want to make it
weird at work, so I thought I should send something tonight.

I'm not
especially big on dating people from work (as it has the potential for
disaster). I want to be up front and don't want to give you the wrong
impression. I'd be game for grabbing lunch at the cafeteria if you're interested
in being friends.

And, can I just say that you shouldn't be shy about
posting your picture on your profile. You're a good looking guy--don't sell
yourself short. The girls are really missing out. :)

Little Ms.
Notetaker"

I went to bed with a clear conscience feeling I had done the right thing. And, yes, it was a little awkward today when we eventually ran into each other in the hall (I mean how could anyone NOT see that one coming). But to his credit he did come by my office and agree that it was weird. He was shocked that I recognized him, because apparently, he did not realize it was me (what-ev-er). And we're having lunch on Thursday... and since we're friends, I'm sure he won't mind that I'm amassing a few more friends to join us then either.

PS--I apologize for Blogger's craptacular text formatting. I tried to make this post consistent but it just kept messing everything up. Something is off in the code. The fact that I know that makes me feel really nerdy.

No comments: