12.18.2007

Recipie for L-U-V

Here's what the J______ and I cooked up for date number three (please note that I was half paying attention to a TV show that used this recipe so it's by no means precise... or accurate, but it tasted good).

Ingredients:
  • One jar of marinara sauce--yes, someone already pointed out the irony in that to me today
  • A couple spoonfuls (to taste) of olive tapenade--I HATE olives, but don't really get the taste of them in this sauce, it's mostly used for the saltiness factor
  • One can of white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • Fresh chopped parsley--we may have had a little too much, so use this sparingly
  • Peeled, tail off shrimp--I really don't like shrimp, but I thought they sounded good with this dish, considering I don't like olives or shrimp, it's a wonder I liked this... and even more of a wonder that I suggested we cook it. What's up with me?!
  • Parmesan cheese--grate it yourself off of a fresh block, or cheat like I did and buy the pre-grated version
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Simmer the marinara sauce with the beans, parsley, and tapenade. If the sauce doesn't have enough flavor, add more tapenade.

While the sauce is simmering, put the shrimp on a non-stick cookie sheet, or on parchment paper on top of the sheet. Maybe don't use an olive oil spray to make the sheet non-stick because when you broil the shrimp in your gas stove, it may start tiny little fires on the pan. I'm just saying...

Anyway, sprinkle cheese on the shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and broil for 10 minutes.

When the shrimp are done, serve the sauce in a bowl with the shrimp on top. Enjoy.

No comments: