12.30.2007

A belated merry post

Little Ms. Notetaker is back in action. I took an unintentional week off, and that's not to say there were not a kajillion notes going back and forth in my brain, because let me tell you there were. I just didn't have much access or time to blog whilst at home. Note to self: Neglecting the blog fills my mind with so many thoughts they spread like weeds. Time to break out the "round-up" and share a little. So let's see, which note shall I pull out of my brain today...

It finally did feel like Christmas for me, sort of. Well, maybe not Christmas, but I had a nostalgic feeling of home. Not so much home, like my parents house in the burbs, but home like good ol' Colorado. I don't think I'll ever move back to Colorado--the urban sprawl and strip mall after strip mall after strip mall just don't do it for me--but when I think about Colorado, and when I get to missing Colorado, it's a Colorado that exists only in my mind. It's a Colorado circa the late 70s. I picture my parents and their friends (who at that time were my age now) drinking Coors out of the classic red and white cans and John Denver playing on the record player. I also think of the mountains, with snow on the pine trees, and bright night skies with the moon reflecting off the snow. I think that memory is set in the 70s (and is always a little faded in color in my mind) because I have some pictures here that captured some of those times and that those pictures now fill the space of my memories.

It wasn't a 70s Christmas, but there was snow, and mountains, no Coors, but big bright night skies, and John Denver--this time it was a CD. It made me happy and sad simultaneously--longing for that memory of what Colorado was to me, but giving me the closest thing possible to that now.

Oh, and I kept getting massive nose bleeds there. The dryness. I don't miss that.

No comments: