3.12.2009

Distracted

Remember when I was in Into the Woods and I took this note? Or this note? Apparently I don't.

We are just over a week from opening night for the new play and my life feels like one giant rehearsal. I'm exhausted. And haven't had the energy for blogging; sorry, Internets. But I will share this gem of a life lesson for you.

Note to self: Don't practice being English whilst driving. Don't you worry, I wasn't practicing my English driving, that would be just plain silly. But I was practicing my accent.

For awhile now I've been formulating a post about how the longer I live alone, the crazier I get. I regularly talk to myself--and honestly, always have. But since rehearsals for the new show have started, I've been talking to myself in received pronunciation. Oh, it's brilliant, darling. Last night, I was driving home rather late from rehearsal and as I was heading up the road, reciting my lines and emphasizing my enunciation, I ran a red light and narrowly missed a head-on collision.

The good news is, the other driver was paying attention and must have known that I was not going to stop. The better news is, I think I have my character down pat--she is quite vacuous and that instance was just so her.

2 comments:

pit girl said...

when's opening night? I want to see you do your English accent!

Anonymous said...

Sorry we can't be there this time but "break a leg".