3.14.2009

Yes, Virginia. He really does exist.

As I was driving into work yesterday, I noticed a hubcap propped ever-so-nicely up against a light pole about a block away from my house. And it made me smile as I thought about the special place in my heart I reserve for those hubcap humanitarians.

Then I thought I'd play a little game with myself and count all of the stray hubcaps that I might spy with my little eye. Not two minutes later, I was driving through the Arboretum, and noticed a parks and rec employee cleaning up the park and honest to goodness, he had a hubcap in his hand.

Was I not in such a hurry to get to work, I would have pulled over and thanked him on behalf of drivers and lost and lonely hubcaps everywhere. But instead I just smiled and counted it as number two.

No comments: