3.29.2009

The drooling on myself has commenced

I have joined the 21st-century. Actually, I've probably joined the late 20th-century. A little over a week ago, I buckled and ordered DirecTV. After four plus years of receiving 3-5 channels, rabbit years, snow, and scrolling squiggles, I've upgraded to 200 channels (did you know there's a channel that just shows scary movies 24/7?), high-definition, and DVR. Oh DVR, how did I ever live without you?

Note to self: becoming a couch potato, while tempting, is not the newest addition on the to do list of life.

I admit, I was a hater. I was quite righteous about my decision to not have cable. In the beginning, it was because I was on a strict budget. Then it was because I didn't feel like I needed to fill my time with mind-numbing "entertainment." Really there were only one or two shows that I regularly watched and I could get those with my rabbit ears and after awhile you (or I) wouldn't even notice the snow.

With the impending doom, otherwise known as the switch from analog to digital broadcasting coupled with the fact that I didn't get one of those certificates the government was handing out, I decided to bite the bullet. And I ended up with a mouthful.

And I know--and in the past have even uttered--the old adage that "there's nothing on TV." And that maybe true, but I'm loving nothing. And am recording all of it with the DVR to be watched at my leisure, whenever, you know, there's nothing on.

3 comments:

CrissPiss said...

Welcome to the new era!

Yours Truly, Johnny Blogger said...

Lesson 1:
Block all shopping channels.

Lesson 2:
Block all religious channels (unless you are so inclined)

Lesson 3:
Block all News channels. You'll have a better day.

Lesson 4:
Block all music channels. Too addictive.

Lesson 5:
Block all local channels. You have seen them for years anyway.

Lesson 6:
Block all entertainment channels. You can get to addicted to these too.

Lesson 7:
My god... block HGTV and DIY and any other channel that shows home improvement. YOU'LL NEVEE LEAVE THE HOUSE.

That should do it. All you have left now are the Spanish Channels, which should give you an opportunity to learn something new.

Bienvenidos a DirecTV!

Your guardian TV angel,
Juan

TODAY"S WORD VERIFICATION is fatary, which is obviously a politically incorrect word used by the British for Health Spa. "Get thee to a fatary."

Yours Truly, Johnny Blogger said...

Oh.
Nevee is a word by the way. It's like never but for "eterneetee."
I was watching some infomercial for hair twists and was reminded to nevee order them for my delicate hair.

TODAY'S Second word verification is miesters. Miesters is defined as a group of males of German heritage. "I saw the miesters in the Kinkos makin' copies."