9.07.2009

Stay tuned

When meeting your boyfriend's 16 year-old son for the first time, what's the appropriate greeting? Do you shake hands? Hug? Give the perfunctory adolescent upward head jerk followed by a little "hey, 'sup?" Oh dear, I just don't know.

At least I can narrow it down. There will be no hug; seeing as I'm the world's worst hugger and there's a very short list of people in my life that I actually will make a genuine attempt at hugging, I just threw that one in for a laugh. Ha. Ha. But I could replace it with a high five; I'm a really good high-fiver.

What to do, what to do?

5 comments:

mr. m said...

you be your normal, fun, engaging self, show no fear, and don't try hard. basically you knocked it outta the park. well done, as usual.

AP said...

:) what he said.

p.s. i like to hug you.

AP again said...

p.p.s. next time you meet him, may i suggest a jumping chest bump?

Anonymous said...

hand shake. treat him like an equal.

Leah & Nick said...

Personally I like the vb/sports butt slap but maybe that's not appropriate?!?!?