1.12.2009

Trite as it may be...

... I'm sleepless in Seattle.

Note to self: If you feel the need to take a nap on your couch at 7:00 PM, cash in your chips and call it a night.

I've managed to get myself exhausted and the week's only just begun. Over the weekend I ran from errand to event, and event to errand and wore myself out. For most of the day today I was dragging and couldn't wait for the good night's sleep that was sure to come tonight. But now, I've got nothing. I accidentally fell asleep on the couch.

And although it was only an hour, it's preventing me from slumber now--and I desperately want to be sleeping. As I was lying here trying to force myself to drift off, my brain kicked into overdrive. Thinking about all of the things I need to do, berating myself for having fallen off the blog bandwagon, reciting the monologue I'm going to use in an audition for another play tomorrow. And oddly enough, attempting to do all of those things in my brain with an English accent. Ridiculous, I know. But the audition tomorrow is for an English play, and we'll be asked to do some sight reading, and I'm guessing it will need to be with the accent. So I figured, since I'm up, I may as well practice. It's just like a basketball player visualizing sinking every free throw, or a quarterback completing the winning touchdown pass. Sort of. Not really.

But just so you know, every word of this entry was typed in that English accent. I think it makes this post much more fancy; don't you, love?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck gov'ner

Yours Truly, Johnny Blogger said...

Well done, you. Brilliant!